|author||Rich Felker <email@example.com>||2015-10-14 17:08:34 -0400|
|committer||Rich Felker <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-10-14 17:08:34 -0400|
remove hand-written crt1.s and Scrt1.s files for all archs
since commit c5e34dabbb47d8e97a4deccbb421e0cd93c0094b, crt1.c has provided a "mostly-C" implementation of the crt1 start file that avoids the need for arch-specific symbol referencing, PIC/PIE-specific code variants, etc. but for archs that had existing hand-written versions, the new code was initially unused, and later only used as the dynamic linker entry point. this commit switches all archs to using the new code. the code being removed was a recurring source of subtle errors, and was still broken at least on arm, where it failed to properly align the stack pointer before calling into C code.
Diffstat (limited to 'crt/mips')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 28 deletions
diff --git a/crt/mips/crt1.s b/crt/mips/crt1.s
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,28 +0,0 @@
- subu $fp, $fp, $fp # Zero the frame pointer.
- lui $gp, %hi(_gp)
- addi $gp, %lo(_gp)
- #la $gp, _gp
- lw $4, %call16(main)($gp) # Get main() ...
- lw $5, ($sp) # Get argc...
- addu $6, $sp, 4 # and argv ...
- lw $7, %call16(_init)($gp) # and _init() ...
- and $sp, $sp, -8 # Align the stack pointer to 8 bytes
- addi $sp, $sp, -4*6 # Leave space for arguments 0..3, arg4, and arg5.
- lw $12, %call16(_fini)($gp) # and _fini() ...
- sw $12, 4*4($sp) # Save arg4.
- sw $0, 4*5($sp) # ldso_fini == NULL
- lw $25, %call16(__libc_start_main)($gp)
- jalr $25 # Let's go!
- b . # Never gets here.